Thursday, June 01, 2006

Filming Starts. (Film #2)

A whilst since I posted here, been busy though. The music for the film is complete now (a 3 minute piece for two people at the same piano), and filming has started.

There is definitely something askew with the Mac client for Second Life (I'm assuming that this does not apply to the PC version?). It stalls/skips a frame or two once every three seconds or so, regular as clockwork. At first I thought it was due to my relatively slow broadband connection (0.5Mb) but the skipping of frames also occurs with things that happen client-side only, even when I disconnect and leave SL running. This is so annoying I very nearly decided to give this project up.

However, I have decided to carry on (although I know those frame jumps will bug me throughout the filming process and even more so once the film is done), oh well...

Alt-Zoom's machinima film festival is looming and as it's good to have a deadline to work to, I have decided to use their date for submissions as a target date to complete the project. Co-incidently the Alt-Zoom theme for this month is 'Biography' which my film will fit well.

The film is (going to be) titled 'STAGE', referring to - A) the set looking a little like a stage; B) a reflection on the stage-s of life; and C) inspiration taken from the following:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,


(from As You Like It 2/7, Shakespeare)

So..... back to the filming...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote: "even when I disconnect and leave SL running."
I use a PC rather than a Mac but I so want to know how to do this. In my Client, if I'm not connected to the network it won't start. If I disconnect after making a connection, it dies. I'm running 1.11.1(1)
I want to do off-line development and testing, but I guess much of that is server-side...

28 July, 2006  
Blogger AKA Robbie Dingo said...

Hmmm, for me, when I disconnect the <..> lead I can still control the spin and zoom of the camera. I am of course rooted to the spot at this point tho.

30 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home